Hardcore non-vegetarian? Confused about what to serve at your house party? Pull up your socks! We’ve turned up with some exotic delicious and quick starter recipes that’ll simply create magic in your tongue and the taste shall remain in your memory forever. Let’s take a sneak peek to my favorite last-minute starter recipes…
1) Chicken Bhuna Frankie
Frankie is a very popular Street food starter originating from 1930’s old Bombay using grilled homemade Indian flatbreads stuffed with a variety of creamy fillings. Chicken Bhuna Frankie has your favorite chicken bhuna masala stuffed in it. Already hungry?!
- For Frankie Rotis :
1/2 cup of Refined flour, salt, eggs, 1 tsp oil and water as required.
- For chicken bhuna stuffing :
400 gm boneless chicken, 3-4 medium size onions, red chilies, turmeric, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, jeera powder, 1 cup of tomato puree, 1/4th cup of whisked curd, a pinch of salt, hot water, garam masala, Kasuri methi, freshly chopped coriander.
- Firstly, for Bhuna Masala Stuffing, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, and red chilies.
- When turns brown, add coriander powder, jeera powder, tomato puree, whisked curd and a pinch of salt as taste simultaneously and stir till oil separates. Then add boneless chicken pieces and cook well.
- Pour hot water to the masala and add garam masala with chopped coriander.
- For Frankie roti, make a roti with soft dough made up of refined flour, salt, and water. Nextly, fry the roti with egg at one side and sprinkle the Frankie masala along with chopped onions.
- Lastly, stuff the bhuna masala inside the Frankie roll with very little chili vinegar on top. Your Chicken Bhuna Frankie is ready!
2) Butter Chicken Bombs
Butter chicken is one of the most popular signature dishes of Indian cuisine. But we have to try something different to make it a ‘party starter’. Don’t be sad! We’ve got a perfect recipe for you. The strong flavors of butter masala gravy will burst out in mouth once you bite the bombs!
- For Chicken balls :
500 gm minced chicken, chopped garlic and ginger, chopped green chilies, Red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, amchur powder, black pepper, Roasted besan, fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves, 3-4 beaten eggs.
- For the makhani gravy :
Cumin seeds, sliced onions, ginger and garlic, chopped green chilies, Kashmiri red chili powder, fresh tomato, salt, sugar, butter, red chili powder, coriander powder, Kasuri methi, fresh cream/curd, garam masala.
- For coating :
Bread crumbs, refined flour.
- Firstly, for the butter masala gravy, heat oil in the pan and add jeera, onions, garlic cloves, ginger, chopped green chilies, tomato, cashew nuts, and a pinch of salt. Make a smooth creamy paste in the mixer.
- Then in another pan, add butter, red chili powder, coriander powder, and the previously prepared paste. When the makhani gravy is prepared, cool it down, spread in a tray, and cut out small masala cubes.
- Nextly, for the chicken balls, transfer the minced chicken in the pan and mix all the ingredients mentioned previously. Then take a spoonful of the mixture and flatten it in your palm. Stuff with the masala cubes and make a ball-like shape.
- Lastly, coat the chicken balls with a mixture of beaten eggs, refined flour, and bread crumbs simultaneously and deep fry. Your butter chicken bombs are ready!
3) Tandoori Chicken Popcorn
Already running late in preparations? Serve a large bowl of tandoori chicken popcorns to your guests instead of a full tandoori chicken. Flavors and taste will be exactly the same and congrats, you’ll be trying a new starter recipe!
- For marination :
Minced boneless chicken breast pieces, salt, Kashmiri red chili powder, Ginger-Garlic paste, Vinegar, mustard oil, thick Yogurt, Roasted besan, coriander powder, Black pepper, amchur powder, jeera powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, Kasuri methi and a pinch of salt.
- For coating batter preparation :
Refined flour, blended eggs, bread crumbs.
- Firstly, take the minced chicken pieces in a bowl and mix it with salt, Kashmiri red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, and vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a separate bowl and add red chili powder in mustard oil along with the other marination ingredients previously mentioned. Spread the tandoori masala evenly on the chicken pieces and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Then take the marinated chicken pieces one by one and dip it in the refined flour, blended egg mixture, and finally in the bread crumbs simultaneously.
- Finally heat oil in a pan and deep fry your tandoori chicken popcorns. Quite an easy right?
4) Chicken Tikka Masala Tacos
A taco is a traditional Mexican starter consisting of a wheat tortilla topped with varieties of yummy fillings inside. This time it’s the juicy spicy chicken tikkas that we are putting inside the tacos! Already feeling hungry right?
- For tikka marination :
Boneless minced chicken pieces, thick curd, ginger garlic paste, Red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, Turmeric powder, amchur, garam masala, salt.
- For tikka masala preparation :
Oil, onion paste, green chilies, water, salt, garam masala, Kasuri methi, coriander leaves.
- For tacos preparation :
Refined flour, salt, baking powder, curd, water, kalonji/Kala jeera, fresh coriander leaves, green chutney.
- At first, for tikka marination, take a medium-sized bowl to add all the marination masalas mentioned earlier. Mix well and set aside.
- Then for tikka masala preparation, heat oil in a pan and add the above ingredients in their particular order( mentioned before). Transfer the marinated chicken in the mixture along with garam masala, Kasuri methi, coriander leaves and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Nextly, for tacos preparation, make a soft dough using the proper ingredients said previously. Then cover with a cloth and set aside.
- Take a small round piece from the dough and flatten it with your hands. Sprinkle and paste kalonji and coriander leaves on one side and spread water on the other side of the taco bread. Place it on hot tava and press it with fingertips.
- Lastly, when the taco bread turns slightly brownish, spread the green chutney and stuff the chicken tikka masala. It’s ready! Fold and serve to your loved ones.
5) Chilli Basil Prawns
Let’s change the mood from chicken to prawns. So prawn-lovers, this starter recipe is exclusively for you guys! The spicy and minty flavor of prawns will simply refresh your taste buds to another level.
- For frying Prawns :
Prawns, salt and pepper, ginger garlic paste, vinegar, egg white (1 egg for 250gm prawns), lemon juice, corn starch and cornflour for coating.
- For making chili basil prawns :
Oil, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chopped spring onion bulb, red chili sauce, soya sauce, Tomato ketchup, fried prawns, a handful of basil leaves (properly washed) and Spring onion greens.
- Firstly, make a slit to butterfly the prawns and mix it properly with salt and pepper, ginger garlic paste, vinegar, egg white, lemon juice, and corn starch. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Then coat the prawns in cornflour and fry until turns golden.
- At the next step, heat oil in the pan and add spring onions, sauces, salt, black pepper, and saute for 10 minutes. Then mix and toss the golden fried prawns with the mixture.
- Lastly, garnish with crispy fried noodles ( optional ) along with spring onions on top and serve hot on your dinner table!
6) Chicken Tandoori momos
Missing momos? No worry, the next starter comes up is your all-time favorite tandoori momos stuffed with juicy chicken. I’m sure you all have tried plenty of steamed and fried momos from street shops. But tandoori momos? Not really right. Come let’s make it at home.
- For the filling :
Boneless chicken, green chili paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder, Red chili powder, oil, curd, coriander leaves.
- For dough :
Refined flour, salt, oil, water
- Make a soft dough by mixing the refined flour, a pinch of salt, a little amount of oil with adding water in small portions. Set aside.
- Nextly in a separate bowl, take the boneless minced chicken along with all the filling masalas. Mix the masalas for at least 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Take small pieces of dough, flatten with hands, stuff with the chicken mixture, and cover in the shape of momo. Steam the momos in high flame for 15 minutes.
- For the tandoori masala, take curd, ginger paste, lemon juice, jeera powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder, and mix.
Mix the momos with tandoori masala, fry in the pan with little oil, and finally keep it in the tandoor. Take it out and enjoy the strong flavors.
So which one do you like?
Comment below and let us know…
More From us :